Monday, July 16, 2007

Anna phones the island

Today I'm thinking about my SOP (standard operating plan) I really do like structure even amid the chaos. Sometimes when my life gets all out of whack I look back at my journal to see if I can figure out what happened. I’m a bit scattered today but I know why. Terri, Brent and Carley Ann have gone to the beach and left Anna Claire and me alone! LOL Yesterday I had a real struggle getting us to Sunday School and Church, and I didn’t make it back for the evening service. At almost 60 it’s just not as easy as it was when I was 30. Go figure that!

This morning Anna Claire and I slept in late and didn’t even eat breakfast until 8:30. After splashing around in the laundry tub, Anna finally picked out her school dress and made it just in time for toddler crawl time. So now I’m back home and thinking how can I squeeze Anna Claire into my SOP for the next four days.

She was so cute in her little dress and I caught her calling Mommy and Daddy on the cell phone. She looked like she wanted to say... I'm calling Mommy, Daddy and Carley Ann, is there anything you want me to tell them?

After I drink another cut of coffee and collect my thoughts, I want to get into the studio for a couple of hours. I have the itch to get out my pastels, but instead know I need to work on getting the small works basket filled, as that’s my bread and butter.

Yesterday I picked up a commission work so I’ll be anxious to get the reference photo of it and get to work. The painting will be of a little dog chasing a ball in the Cotswolds. I’ve never been to the Cotswolds but have a book by F. LaGard Smith and illustrated by Glenda Rae called Meeting God in Quiet Places (The Cotswold Parables) which I’ve enjoyed reading, so that will help get me into the Cotwold mood.

Hope you have a good day.

.:.



No comments: