Thursday, April 12, 2007

The dreaded 'to do' list

Just as a reminder to myself I'm adding making a CD of my paintings and photographs. It must be a simple thing to do, but learning anything new automatically gets put off as long as I can.
What I plan to do is check out some of the free software already on my computer that came preloaded from Dell on my son's computer and from Sony on my laptop. I know my son uses the free software to make CD's of the children's pictures and he puts music to them and sometimes words. I like what he did, so I might just ask for his help ... or read the help files (sigh). Also, inside my computer program files I noticed that microsoft has some free stuff that looks like it might do what I want and my printer is a HP, and when the printer software was installed, it also installed some CD burning stuff that looks even more interesting.
I don't plan to use my CD for sending to galleries, but I really want to have an archive of my paintings and maybe some thoughts that go along with the painting to jog my memory as I get progressively older and can't remember. Now don't laugh... it's true... I can't remember like I once did. The other day my daughter-in-law called me on the phone and asked me what I was doing and I told her I was watching Phil Donahue. "What??, who's that??, she said." LOL... I guess my brain just went back a few years and that's what came out of my mouth. I was watching Oprah. sigh.

Anyway, I think I can figure out how to do this. The only problem now is finding time. I can't believe how my days just fly by.
.:.

No comments: