Wednesday, July 5, 2006

New Business Card








I've decided that it's time for new business cards and marketing materials. This is the new design which lets everyone know that I'm continuing to paint, but also want to share my reference photos. When I go out to paint in the open air, I try to take as many reference photos as I can so I can use it when I get my plein air painting back to the studio. In the studio I study what I caputured on my canvas, look at my reference photos and then decide if the painting needs any additional touch up. Most of the time the touch up is minor, but sometimes the painting just doesn't work and I end up just using my photo and my memory of the day to create a studio work. Both my plein air work and my studio work give me great pleasure to do.

"For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, who says to you, fear not; I will help you." Isiah 41:13

1 comment:

Linda Blondheim said...

Lovely blog Phyllis. Beautiful grand kids.
Love,
Linda