Thursday, July 6, 2006

Magnolias

.:.




Here is a still life that I did many years ago. For the last several years I've been painting outside but I've been wanting to get back in the studio and set up some still lifes to paint. I've been told that painting outside really helps to hone your observation skills and what really happens with light. So much of painting still life can be controlled by the artist which is a good thing. As I get older, it gets harder and harder for me to battle all the challenges of being outside. Still, I love painting outside and painting inside. Maybe I should just say I love painting. :)

"But when you pray, go into your [most]private room, and closing the door, pray to your Father, who is in secret; and your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you in the open." Matthew 6:6

.:.

No comments: