Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Gratitude



This is a plein air pastel painting that hangs in my office studio. I painted this in Savannah, Georgia looking over a marsh in one of the State parks along with my artist friend Maureen Kerstein. It's a great reminder of the wonderful time we had. Keeping some work in my personal collection allows me to enjoy the day again and again.

.:.


Gratitude

It was told that a man interviewed a very successful business person asking what was the secret to his success. "Never forget to be grateful" he said. In thinking about what this means, I remembered someone had told me that it only takes 60 seconds to say "thank you". Please and thank you were words we are taught early and if we listen and follow thru, they still serve us well as we age.

In keeping with those thoughts, I'd like to thank you for spending time reading my thoughts on my daily life, looking at my paintings and watching my grandchildren grow.


.:.


Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

2 comments:

Queenie said...

This is your painting?
Wonderful.
Monet. Manet.

Q

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Yes, this is my painting. It was done in Savannah, Georgia painting in the open air with my friend Maureen Kerstein. It's a pastel in my private collection and hangs in my office studio as a reminder of the day. Thanks so much for asking.

Phyllis