Friday, July 7, 2006

Confederate Rose













Looking thru my reference photographs today I ran across this Confederate Rose. The Confederate Rose bush grows right outside my bedroom window and when it blooms it's such a delight. In the winter the bush dies back and shows the artistic bones of the bush, then in spring the leaves pop out and begin to grow the beginning of tiny buds that will mature and bloom later in the summer. Sometimes I just don't want to wait for the blooms. I want the blooms to be there for me all year. Then I am reminded that we need to let things take their seasons. It is God's plan for all things to have cycles just like when we go to sleep each night and wake in the morning. We can go to bed all worn out and weary of the day's events, but with rest we are ready to face another day and enjoy what God has in store for us. Sleep is good. In the calm of the night we can listen to God and know that no matter what troubles we might face, he is always there with us.
.:.


"Wait and hope for and expect the Lord, be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring." Psalm 27:14

No comments: